Pages

Monday, October 21, 2013

Embrace your Inner Wayne

I think we can all agree John Wayne is a legend; and although fictional, Bruce Wayne is a legend too.

Both stood for what is good and right in the world. True American heros.

Today, let's embrace our inner Waynes, whether it's donning a ten gallon hat, or slipping into thick, black tights and a cape(whatever trips your trigger and gets you in the spirit). Next ask yourself, "If I was Batman, how would I change the world today? What can I accomplish?"

For me, I recently enrolled in Scott Dinsmore's Live Off Your Passion course. If you haven't seen Scott's TedX talk or his interview with Jonathan Fields, I highly recommend you watch one or both.

Scott's passion and enthusiasm are obvious in everything he does. His mission is to help others identify their passion(s), make a living from it, and change the world in the process. How cool is that?! He also has an uber contagious smile. But then again, how can you help but smile when you are doing work you love, right?

Whether you enroll in Scott's class yourself, or just take some time to reflect, I encourage you to ask yourself, "Am I doing work I love? Am I making a difference?" Be honest.
If the answer is no, the next question should be, "Why not?"

Today's quote is from another legendary Wayne, The Great One:

You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take. –Wayne Gretzky

What shot are you taking today?

No comments:

Post a Comment